Thursday, June 19, 2008

How is everyone?

Ok so I've been away and I'm still away, though I should be back for the appeal date. So this is our new blog site. We did have another one but it was registered to my personal email account so I've now regigged it and rebuilt (it that hasn't taken anywhere near as long as I thought, Wayhaaaaay). Ummmm well so a few of you will have got invites to contribute to the blog, there's no discrimination here I just happened to have those peoples emails so if you want to contribute just drop me an email at wharvescommunity@gmail.com and I'll invite you in. The blog is available for absolutely anything to do with the wharves and is a way of recording whats going and how people feel as we continue through the planning process and beyond. I suppose now's a good time to mention some of the things that have been going on in the last few weeks. The main story is the clamping. After Mark the writer's run in with our lovable rouge Peter Teirney over parking. That included a forklift truck, pallets of scallops shells, one car and a community police man, we now have controlled parking. Where we have to buy car parking spaces for £30 a year or get clamped. How do we all feel about that? Is it fair? Any better ideas? Troubador, oh our dearest Troubador, well they've now received there second eviction notice and were expected to vacate the building on Friday 13th June, 2008. As you may have gathered they have politely declined. The director of Level 2 will be vacating her studio shortly, leaving Adam with a whole seaward facing studio with views. Martin who rented shortly over in the main shed and is Jim's son had a benefit event for the British Legion at Jubilee Wharf sat 14th June, 08 that raised £400 and was supported by Troubador. I think that about it if anybody want to add a blog it might be worth knowing that you can backdate blogs as well. Which means that all though you might have been doing something in the past you can slot it in to make a more complete record of whats been going on site over the last few years. You'll also notice that I've put a whole load of links down the side. I've included all the businesses on site who's web addresses I could find. So if you have got a web address you'd like to hook up, email it to me or you might be able to upload it yourself! Were are also working on creating a promotional website for Falmouth Wharves so that we can market ourselves better. We hope that this will be linked to all of the businesses and creatives based on site. If you've got any ideas on the matter get back to me. Has anybody thought anymore about having an event? Food for thought. See you soon.

No comments: